We Are Addiction Prevention Coalition
The Addiction Prevention Coalition (APC) is a non-profit community resource that aims to eliminate addiction in Central Alabama. Originally named The Freedom Source, APC has been providing support for the greater Birmingham area for over a decade. Through our in-school prevention programs, educational events, and our collection of support services, APC aims to be a convener of organizations united to prevent addiction and relapse.
To be a leader in preventing addiction by inspiring people to live with hope, resilience, and purpose.
Show that substance abuse is a deadly epidemic, lessen the shame and hopelessness of those who are struggling, and provide education and connection to enable people to find or maintain wholeness, safety, and sobriety.
Communicate an awareness of the ADDICTION problem and inspire hope. Provide education for the PREVENTION of substance abuse. Assist those seeking CONNECTION by creating Coalition in the community.
In The News
- Talk of Alabama – Prevention Parenting Webinar Series
- Talk of Alabama – Addiction Prevention Coalition Workshop
- Level up your team’s mental health + performance during Alabama Workplace Evolution Event
- Expedited Transport focuses on both shipping and living – Board Member Tim Cross
- End Addiction BHAM Walk raises awareness about substance use
- Central Alabama organizations, volunteers provide free haircuts and school supplies
- Loved one struggling with substance use disorder? This local nonprofit is here to help.
- Nikeisha Macon Promotes Awareness and Prevention in Fight Against Addiction